Thursday, April 28, 2016

Pros and Cons of Social Media

One pro of social networking is that it helps students do better in school. 59% of students with access to the internet report that they use social networking sites to discuss educational topics. College students in particular use more because our assignment nowadays have to deal with social media. This impacts me because I am constantly looking up things on the internet, which is normally google. Some of the sites might not be reliable but i still using some of them, I admit because I don't want to spend more time finding the information somewhere else.

One con of social networking is that criminals use social media to commit and promote crimes. Gangs are using sites to recruit younger members, coordinate violent crimes and threaten other gangs. This is very important because others can use this as ways to avoid or even report things to the police on activities being done by gangs. This impacts me very little because i do not personally have any involvement in gangs, but it does help to avoid where they are going to be and that way i don't get myself into serious trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment